Monday, October 19, 2009

Jack's birthday party


While we normally have Jack's birthday party in the back of our building, Jane and I decided to have Jack's 6th birthday party at his new school. It was just being practical, especially with eight month old twins. I was happy to see that all the boys got along, especially since they weren't all in the same class. In addition to boys from Jack's kindergarden class, we invited boys who Jack knew from his old school last year who - like Jack - transferred to a new school this year  as well as the boys that Jack met at summer camp who also attended Kindergarden at the school. 

Since the flash on my camera is designed for a 50mm lens. I bought a new Canon flash for the event - along with a side power pack. The new flash enabled me to capture the action, especially using the higher-powered lens. At first, I had trouble shifting from action happening a few feet away to action that happened 40 feet away (at the other end of the gym). I solved that problem by standing in the middle of the gym and rotating in a 360 degree turn every few minutes. I did manage to get photos of everyone - even though the children I knew better probably received more "face" time. 

Speaking about faces, I had a funny face contest in the lunch room. Some of these photos are posted on Facebook (see below link). to be honest, I didn't post them all. I showed the photographs to Jane and she wasn't pleased seeing kids with a mouthful of food posing. Note to self - have funny face contests before the pizza is served. I was able to get two dads to pose (usually its the moms). 

Hope you like the photograph.....



To view additional photos of jack's birthday party, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment