Monday, October 19, 2009

Jack and Friends

These photographs are very personal and details a few weeks in August after Jack finished summer camp. I had just purchased a new lens and took Jack to visit my mother in August -leaving Jane with the twins home. My mother lives on the border of Lakewood and Brick - which is only a few miles from the beach. Jack loves the beach - not for the water, but to collect shells. Our first day was uneventful (no shells) and decided to go in the late afternoon on the second day. Jack was amazed by all the shells we collected. The next day, my brother, Doug, and his step-daughter came for a barbeque and I got some great shots of everyone in the pool. They didn't have too much time to swim since children have restricted pool hours. I was also fighting the sun which was strong that day.  

After seeing how great the photographs turned out, I took Jack and his friend (and neighbor) Carey, in the park and amusement park. I have to say, Carey is a natural model. I've been shooting photographs of him for years and he's very comfortable in front of the camera. Jack, on the other hand, will give me  a sign (sticking out his tongue) when he's dome modeling and wants to be a normal boy. Most of their interactions were natural. I did suggest that Jack measure Carey at one ride (with so-so results) and Jack to whisper into Carey's ear (with great results). I find that I get great results by suggesting a pose to kids - of course only some of them follow it.  Besides these samples, I've posted over 60 photographs from these outings onto my fan page on Facebook. I hope you like them.  



To view additional photos of Jack and his friends at the beach, playground and amusement park, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment